Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jacob's 4th Birthday!

We had such a fun time celebrating Jacob's birthday! I actually enjoyed building the fire truck cake...though I will warn you of this: dairy-free frosting is heavy and unwieldy, is not keen on being spread scantly, and as such will look like it's melting within a matter of hours. I know I could have made my own frosting that would have been easier to deal with, but I was also gone to a worship conference in Anch. up till the night before his birthday. So, I paid for cutting corners in the interest of time. Does it look like it mattered to him that the windshield looked like it was melting in a fire of its own? No. Okay, good.

He had originally said that he wanted to go bowling for his party (following Andrew's footsteps), until we found out that the annual hay maze hosted by a local Bible camp was open. So, he chose the hay maze...which comes complete with a bonfire. I know, it sounds like a terrible match (no pun intended)...and perfect for the theme of the party. Ha!

Chad, Kindra, Tommy, and the kids joined us at the maze, and we all enjoyed hanging out around the bonfire. I can't count how many times Jacob went through the maze! You literally are tunneling through a barn full of hay, and it's not for you if you're prone to claustrophobia. I can make it through it once, but have absolutely no need or interest in it beyond that. Besides, it's hard on your knees. I'd best stop now...I'm starting to sound old. Thankfully he had either Jordan or Aunt Becca or Tommy to go through with time and time again!

After a picnic lunch to go with roasting hot dogs, we headed back to my parents' house for cake and presents.
Thanks to everyone who helped Jacob celebrate! (And there's more pics here if you like)!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: