Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Is this kid for real?

Okay, one more, because in packing I'll lose the scrap paper I wrote this on...

First, some background-but not much, I promise:
We rarely drink soda around here (I know...I'm from "pop" country, but after 8 years here I give up the battle). Mark drinks it less rarely than the rest of us, and the boys always beg for their own if Mark is having some. This request is, of course, met by me with a resounding "No-it's not healthy." Or "No...you'll have water-it's better for you." Mark gives a less resounding "No" because it's accompanied by "just a sip."

Well, we were setting the table for dinner tonight. There is no soda in sight. Jacob climbs up on his chair and asks in the sweetest of voices
"Can I have some healthy water for my drink, please?"

LOL!!!

No comments: