Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tot Time Hike

Yesterday we went on our first hike with our Tot Time group since Anna was born...finally back to meandering the mountains! Every summer, we have a calendar schedule of hikes for Wednesdays, and whoever can make it meets at the trailhead at 10 a.m.
We had a good group yesterday, and hiked to Crescent Creek, which is 5 miles round-trip. I was really proud of the boys...Andrew did the whole hike without a complaint, and I'm sure he could have gone farther! Jacob hiked almost the whole way in (he hitched a ride in a friend's double-stroller for a short time), and then hiked about that far out before hopping in the stroller for his nap. All total, he did about half on his own two feet!


I pushed Anna in the stroller the way in, and then when Jacob was too tired on the way out I put Anna in the front-pack and pushed Jacob in the stroller. So I got quite the workout!







Andrew had a blast playing by the river with his friends!








Anna was quite cooperative...I nursed her before we hit the trail, at the river, and then she made it till we got home. She slept the whole time in the stroller and front-pack. All in all we had a great day...it sure beat staying home folding laundry, which was my other option! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: