
We were so thankful to be able to spend a day with Eric and April and their kids! Travel plans were able to be coordinated so that we were all in Mark and Eric's hometown during overlapping time frames. And while we would have loved to have a longer time with them, we take any time we can get! We all tramped around in the guys' old haunts-meaning the woods behind Eric's parent's house. It was hysterical trying to get 8 kids all looking and smiling at the same time for a group shot!
The guys and older kids wanted to explore more than April and I and the girls wanted to. So we headed back to the pond and snacked on apples from the tree growing there. After everyone else came "out of the woods," the kids tooled around in the paddle boat for a while. Yet another new experience for our kids! Eric's mom Mary was so sweet to have lunch ready for us, and we just had a great time hanging out together.
It helped that April and I had several uninterruped hours to visit the night before! It's really kind of funny to me how Mark and Eric were best friends growing up, and now they basically keep in touch through April and I. We haven't been able to spend that much time together in the 12 years since I met Mark, but she has become one of my best friends, and is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thanks, guys...let's make sure we get together again within the next year at least! (We're on a good roll for now..they came up here in '07, we just were down there for '08...hm-looks like its your turn to head up here)! :)



The guys and older kids wanted to explore more than April and I and the girls wanted to. So we headed back to the pond and snacked on apples from the tree growing there. After everyone else came "out of the woods," the kids tooled around in the paddle boat for a while. Yet another new experience for our kids! Eric's mom Mary was so sweet to have lunch ready for us, and we just had a great time hanging out together.
It helped that April and I had several uninterruped hours to visit the night before! It's really kind of funny to me how Mark and Eric were best friends growing up, and now they basically keep in touch through April and I. We haven't been able to spend that much time together in the 12 years since I met Mark, but she has become one of my best friends, and is such a blessing and encouragement to me! Thanks, guys...let's make sure we get together again within the next year at least! (We're on a good roll for now..they came up here in '07, we just were down there for '08...hm-looks like its your turn to head up here)! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment