Friday, December 12, 2008

Ready or not...

...here comes the vacation pics!

I know some of you may be wondering why I'm even bothering to post pictures from our vacation in September. But, this blog is our main vehicle for recording memories, assuaging my guilt of not scrapbooking...so in the vacation must go!

I feel a huge relief in not having this huge project hanging over my head-I don't function well when I have major unfinished stuff. Getting there!

Anyway, the posts will coming 3 or 4 a day for the next week-a total of 19 vacation posts in all! I'll warn you that they are almost entirely collages. The fastest way to blog (for me) is from the picture program, picasa, that I use. However, it only lets you post 4 pics at a time the quick way. So, 4 pics at a time, 900-some pics to sort through=collages are a lifesaver. I posted them all as large as possible, but if you want to see the pictures better, just click on the picture and it will pop up enlarged in a new window.

I'm going to skip Friday Funny posts and any other postings just so that these are all together...I'm picky like that. Sorry.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers since the last post regarding everything going on here. The first memorial service went very well, and in actuality, Mark just had to open in prayer. (A compromise between the family that wanted a service and the friends who said there was no way that the deceased would have wanted anything "religious"). Mark was amazed at how many people expressed genuine appreciation for the prayer...really from the last people you would expect.

Tomorrow is the big memorial service for the native man that lived next door. As of now, they haven't been able to arrange for the medicine man to come down from Anchorage-and that may well be how God is using your prayers! And the funeral home is releasing the body for the service, so someone from church is taking care of that tomorrow morning. Communication with the girlfriend of the man who died was better today than it has been (there are some mental issues there besides grief), so Mark is getting a clearer idea of what to expect, but she's still rather vague on some things, and very muddled in her beliefs. (Think "a little of this religion and a little of that religion spread over with some native spirituality...some prayers here, some peace pipe smoking there...that's just right"). I don't mean this to sound offensive to anyone, and perhaps I'll go back and delete this part tomorrow. I just wanted to give a better understanding of what Mark is having to sift through in preparation for tomorrow. The one song she requested is "As the Deer," and we're also doing two old hymns (Victory in Jesus and Old Rugged Cross). Please pray that the message in it's entirety is accepted as truth!
The service starts at 2 our time...we covet your prayers! Thanks so much for the prayers to this point...we can feel his grace being our sufficiency!

PS: Isn't it supposed to be "Three weddings and a funeral?" What's that from? Just thought of it since we've had "Three funerals and a wedding..."

No comments: