Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Funnies

There are some figures of speech that you just don't realize your kids don't know-until you use them for the first time with them!



Abby has been tolerant of Sophie. Not overly playful or welcoming, just tolerating her. And resenting the fact that Sophie is taking over her "bedroom." Abby's bed, food, and water is in the laundry room...and being the room that is the easiest to gate off and with a hard floor, that's where Sophie is, too. And when Sophie is not in her kennel, she likes Abby's bed.

During dinner last night, Abby was barking at the back door (which leads in to the laundry room), and Sophie was in her kennel. I let Abby in, and rather than let her come out with us, I told her to lay down on her bed. She very reluctantly obeyed...almost cringing to actually lay on her bed that the puppy had "contaminated."

I came back out the dinner table, commenting to Mark that "Abby can hardly stand to be on her bed now."

Andrew looked at me quizzically. "Why? Did she fall down on her bed and now she can't get up?"

It was all Mark and I could do to not bust out laughing!

1 comment:

T said...

kids say the darndest things! that's a readers digest entry!
more Sophie pictures please!