Okay, I realize I should not be blogging right now. I should be packing. We are, after all, loading all of our earthly belongings into the Uhaul in a matter of days.
But, I got A LOT done today, and yesterday, too (truth be told it was Kindra who got a lot done around here yesterday, getting our laundry room/pantry all boxed up). And it does me good to get caught up a bit.
And it's cold. We've been hovering around 2 degrees for the past several days...which is unusual for around here, being by the bay and all. For us to be that cold means everywhere else it's really cold...MP was at -18, Sol. at -25. Being in and out with the puppy and the goats in this kind of weather makes one want to either curl up with a good book in front of the fireplace (if one has a fireplace, which I don't, or a good book-mine are all packed), or sit around and blog. So, here I am.
But, this will end the streak this evening. I just wanted to give you a heads up with where we're at...
Wednesday morning will consist of packing. Afternoon will be at church for music practice, and then taking the kids over to the new house so that they have an inkling of what it looks like. Not that they're acting stressed, but it sure can't hurt to have some idea of your next stop.
Then tomorrow night, New Year's Eve, I have a prayer request! The church is hosting a movie night...we actually got a license to show the new movie Fireproof (from the creators of Facing the Giants). Great message both about turning your life over to God and also about saving or even just improving marriages...which a lot of people could use right now. We're offering free popcorn and hot dog dinners, and even babysitting...all the kids will be watching the new VeggieTales movie The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. Please pray for a great turn out, and for hearts and lives to be open to the working of the Holy Spirit!
Then on Thursday, my parents-bless them!-offered to take all the kids until Saturday. So Mark will run them over Thursday morning, which will enable him to get the necessary fencing from HD to get the new goat pen rigged! So I have all day/all night on Thursday and Friday to pack!
Saturday morning, the Uhaul will arrive, and-hopefully, prayerfully, beggingly-also will lots of helpers! For any of you who "forgot" to put our moving day on your new calendars, here's a friendly reminder and a huge hope that you can come join the fun! :)
At any rate, I'll be offline sooner than later here. I'll keep the computer up till Friday, but shouldn't be doing any blogging, which is a bummer, because I've got some really great Sophie pics-and man, is that girl growing fast! We'll see how I'm doing packing. And then we'll be busy settling in the parsonage! So, if I don't post anything tmo, we'll see you in the new place!
No comments:
Post a Comment