On comparing travelling notes, she realized that it would only be 2 hours out of their way to come see us at Mark's parents house. I am so thankful they were willing to sidetrack to see us!We last saw each other in '06?, when she and Craig came to Alaska for a visit. And while it was fantastic to see them, they left Katie at home (disappointing for an arranged marriage not to have met as children, you know).
And of course we hadn't met Megan yet, nor had they met Anna.
So while it was a short visit, it was sweet! The kids had so much fun playing together, and Darlene and I stayed up talking later than we should have....
That's the great thing about best of friends. You may be sporadic about keeping in touch, but when you do, it's like no time has been lost.
Thanks, Craig and Darlene, for swinging by to see us-can't wait till we can get together again!
(And also, we never signed the formal agreement for Katie's and Andrew's marriage...so our people will have to get with your people). :)

1 comment:
It's so funny for me seeing all these people who I know when I was little and now they all have oodles of kids! Looks like you guys had a blast!! :)
Post a Comment