I have three instances in the past few weeks where I have seen God work in significant ways to either answer prayer or bless us out of the blue! Here's the first!
My good friend Rosella (Nana to the kids) has become my "sewing benefactress" the past few months. She paid for the two of us to attend together six sewing lessons at the local sewing shop, and has outfitted me with anything I could possibly need to complete the projects! Among my new sewing supplies is a very nice little pair of gingher 4" scissors. Never in my life would I have thought one needed a tiny pair of scissors like that, but they soon became indispensable to me. One afternoon I was hurriedly working in the dining room trying to finish one stage of a project. Several days went by before I got back to my sewing...and my scissors were nowhere to be found. I spent a week looking everywhere, even places I knew they could not (I suppose with 3 children around it's more like they should not) remotely have been in. But do you know what my house is like when I'm in the middle of packing and decorating for Christmas? A little,um, cluttered at times. I finally went to the sewing shop to get another pair, thinking that it wouldn't be too bad of a thing to have an extra pair of scissors around. Gulp. That little pair of scissors is $40. I don't have an extra $40 laying around for an "extra" pair of scissors when I know full well that they are somewhere in my house! A few more days of searching and not finding went by. And then came the day of our next sewing class. I simply had to have those scissors before I went to class...partly because I couldn't bear to tell Rosella that the money she had spent on those scissors for me was wasted, and partly because I couldn't possibly fit in a replacement pair and still count it as good stewardship. There were just 45 min. before I had to leave for class. The boys were sitting on my bed reading books as I was sorting through the material I needed for class, and I finally called out to God...and literally prayed out loud for Him to please help me find my scissors before class. After getting all of my sewing supplies ready, I scurried around the get the kitchen cleaned up a bit before Ben arrived to watch the kids (Mark was to be at the first funeral from a few weeks ago). I put in place a few wandering decorations, including a Christmas box of tissues. I realize we now have out 3 boxes of kleenex on counter, so went to put away the 2 non-Christmas boxes. Hmmm...one of the boxes had an object rattling around in there. You already know the punch line...voila! There were my scissors! I cried, I was so thankful! So like God...to answer with 1o minutes to spare! (And no, there is no certain conclusion as to whether I dropped the scissors unknowingly into the box in my haste that day, or whether a certain little boy helped them to find their way there....)
No comments:
Post a Comment