If you've been reading this blog at all this past month, you know that our lives are a little crazy right now. In our best efforts to keep life simple, we decided that we would just get a spiral sliced ham from Costco for Christmas dinner. Potatoes, a veggie, rolls, salad, and Rosella would bring dessert. She would make two...one something chocolately for Mark's sake, as he's the only one that won't eat any pies or fruity desserts. Not too much to prepare in addition to the zillions of preparations that go into the Christmas Eve service at church.
Our last trip to Costco before Christmas was the day we went to get Sophie. Quick trip in, grab the ham, and be done. One problem...the hams hadn't been received yet, and not a one of the Costco employees I questioned could tell my why or when. Simply no hams. Just ham steaks that get dried out and are hard to slice...not the simple "throw the ham in the oven and when you pull it out pull the slices onto the plate" that I had planned on.
Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed, and was not looking forward to having to do a turkey for Christmas. Big mess. De-boning, etc...no time for it at this point.
Then last Friday, there was a knock on the door at about 6 p.m. It was our UPS man, bearing a large white styrofoam cooler. A large white styrofoam cooler sent from the Honeybaked Ham company. A large white styrofoam cooler sent from the Honeybaked Ham company that contained not just a ham, but a side dish of au gratin potatoes, green bean casserole, and a chocolate fudge brownie cake. No identified sender, just a message that someone wanted to share with us the same great ham they have on Christmas.
I had my suspicions on who the sender might be, but at the moment was too overwhelmed by the love and provision that God gave us through someone who was just being faithful to what they felt led to do, even if they didn't know why. Believe with me when I say emphatically that God is good, and He knows our hearts and lives and will meet our needs in His time and His way. I had not told a single person about the whole Costco ham story...all I have done is to ask you all to pray us through this stressful month. Know that he has answered and is answering...and we give Him all the praise for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment