In February, she started sleeping in her toddler bed instead of her crib. (She was trying to climb out of her crib. A girl could break her arm doing something like that)!
A few weeks ago I rearranged her dresser drawers...she's full-swing into the "do-it-myself" stage, and was always trying to choose her socks and undies out of the top drawer. So, she now can reach all of her clothes, and gets herself mostly dressed in the morning!
But her crowning achievement? She has finally quit her habit of nearly three full years...sucking her thumb!!! She was a hard-core thumb-sucker from the time she was three days old, refusing every type of pacifier we tried to give her. So when April came to visit last summer and brought her a crown and jewelry set, we decided to use it as her incentive to stop sucking her thumb, and started a sticker chart to track her progress. Well, either Anna wasn't ready enough to give it up or I wasn't ready enough to be consistent with it, but the "Pitty (pretty) Crown" has sat on top of our fridge ever since then!
Well, several weeks ago Anna mentioned Miss April and wanting to get her crown...so we began! We set up her sticker charts on the fridge, and she could earn several stickers a day for time frames in which she didn't suck her thumb. This past week, she finally met her goal! We're so proud of her!

1 comment:
yaaaay Princess Anna!!!! I am so happy for you. I'll give you a big hug when I get back!
Post a Comment