Yes, we're still on vacation, and loving it! Techincally we only have 1 more day before reality hits, because on the day after that, we get to enjoy once again the wonderful experience of airplanes and airports for a full twelve hours. Three kids. Too many bags. We'll live.
At any rate, I'm trying hard not to feel stressed in advance about catching up on this blog. Remember my list of everything that I hadn't yet blogged about before vacation? Top it with this...I'm working on nearly 800 pictures of our two week vacation. Yes, you heard me right. Almost 800 pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? So why not go for 800,000?! :)
I will definitely have to pace myself, but I also definitely want to keep a good record of this trip. It's been fantastic. Mark has an amazing family. We've seen most of our dear friends. Of my 4 "best friends in the whole world," 3 of them live nearly 5000 miles from me. And I got to see all three of them! I could go on, but I won't because I don't have the pictures downloaded and sorted and, and, and...
And did I mention that my husband gave me a brand-new camera for my birthday. Hence the 800 pictures.
And the addition of a 4 gig memory card is gift and a curse in and of itself. See, I have always operated with a 256 mb card. Barely a hundred pics, and I had to download. Works great for blogging...just a day or two per file when I download. Now, I'm still shooting, there's still room, and there are a hundred different moments that will all come off at once. I may have troubles with this one.
But, I won't concern myself with that now. The baby is asleep. The boys are camping with grandpa and grandma. And my husband is enjoying a Steelers game on the big-screen tv by himself. I think he needs some company...
2 comments:
Glad you guys are having fun! We miss you and will be happy to have you home again! Although I'm sad to say the lovely weather we've enjoyed while you've been away is supposed to disappear the day you return. Go figure... :)
yes, the blessings and curse of having more camera memory :)
you'll catch up - it'll just take a while! i have the same problem sometimes, on a smaller scale - i get behind a week or so in my blog and then i can't catch up.
recently i have been thinking of my blog as more of a scrapbook, so if i don't post about something right away, it's no prob - i can just throw it on whenever in between the daily stuff.
good luck :) i'm so glad you are enjoying your vaca!!
Post a Comment