Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jacob-isms

Here's more of Super-Man, with a drawing Grandma made for him of Super Man, which has since been cut out, laminated, and gets flown around here on a regular basis. Would you believe me if I told you that he has never seen Super Man in a movie or comic book or anything? Where do they learn it from?






















This is the latest addition to Jacob's imagination. Warrior wristbands. Neither he nor I know what they are actually called. But he saw them on soldiers in his picture Bible. Tell me, who sees a picture of a warrior and then looks at the dixie cups in the bathroom and says "Aha! That's what I can use!" Nobody I know. Except Jacob.






















And then there's his perpetual one-liners, which Rebecca could probably fill in here better than I could. Trust me when I say we try and teach him to be kind and loving.

But while having dinner with my parents and Rebecca at their house the other day, he went around the table and pronounced a character trait over each of them. I'll leave out names to protect their identity.

"________ is the rudest, __________ is the laziest, and _____________ is the ugliest."



And then he was getting a piggy-back ride from Uncle Jerry the other night, and hollered, "Giddy-up, old piggy!"

Sorry. So very, very sorry! As is true with Jacob most of the time, I have no idea where this comes from.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

T said...

it's funnier and funnier everytime i think of it. tonite the whole giddyup comment brought tears to my eyes i was laffing so hard remembering the other nite.

Rebecca said...

Same for me. It never ceases to be funny :)