Thursday, October 22, 2009

This morning (updated)

UPDATE: Urticaria hives. Simply an allergic reaction. It has been sad (because she's uncomfortable) but fascinating to watch the rash change shape and location all morning. About a half-hour after I took the pics below, her entire back was red, and within an hour after that, none of it was, but other parts of her body were worse.

I was quite relieved with such a simple diagnosis. Most likely, she has a newly developed food allergy, as she hasn't consumed anything new or out of the ordinary in the past day (well, maybe zucchini. She never likes zucchini muffins, so just picks at them, but last night I brilliantly hid an entire shredded zucchini in our Chinese Beef and Broccoli, which was lacking the broccoli-hence the need to add something. I suppose if I was really brilliant, I would have checked on the condition of the broccoli in the fridge before commencing dinner preparations. Hmm...add menu planning to my list).

Anyway, knowing her brothers' allergic tendencies, a referral to the allergist is in order...
****
This is my daughter as of this morning. We have an appt. with the doc at 12:45...for my black-eyed, casted-arm and now rash covered little girl. The rash is everywhere-her cheeks, her neck, down the one arm we can see, her back and bottom, her legs. Surprisingly just a little bit on her stomach. Poor baby-this just isn't her month!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mozer said...

Oh no Wendy! Will pray that she gets better and that this rash goes away quickly!

CALAMITY JANE said...

i guess bad things really do come in threes :) i wonder what the rash is from? hope it goes away asap!!

Rebecca said...

OUCH! I had a reaction like that once to some cream they gave me for acne...it's not fun! Poor baby! :(

Jennifer said...

Oh sweet baby, look at that! Ouch!