Monday, April 02, 2007

More Jacob funnies...

Jacob brought his stuffed Elmo to me for a good-morning kiss. After I obliged, I asked if I could have a kiss from Jacob, too. "No, mommy...just Elmo." Jacob proceeded to saunter out of the room, then turned around and came back. "Okay, a kiss for Jacob, too!" After giving me a kiss, he then started to saunter out of the room, turned & came back to me again and said "Merry Christmas!" He started to leave and came back one more time, saying "Nice to meet you!" Where does this stuff come from? :)


During Bible time the other morning, Jacob was looking at his picture Bible and asking about each picture "Who dat?" He was at the story of Adam and Eve, pointed to the serpent, and asked "Who dat?" So I told him that it was the serpent. "No, mommy; it's a 'nake!"


Learning from Andrew, Jacob has started to offer prayer requests at our dinner and bedtime prayers. At dinner, he asked to pray for mommy to feel better (this was a few weeks ago when I had the flu) and for his owie to get better.
At bedtime, we thought he was asking the same thing, "mommy feel better and owie get better." So, Mark included that in the prayer. The first time he prayed for me and for Jacob's owie, it was no sooner out of his mouth that Jacob protested, "No, Daddy..." and then proceeded to offer his original request. This repeated itself no less than seven times, Jacob getting more exasperated each time! We were trying so hard not to laugh, & had even asked Andrew for his interpretation-which was the same as ours.
So Mark tried a new tactic...trying to make it sound mumbled at the end of the phrase, just the way it sounded to us when Jacob said it. "No, Daddy..." I finally asked him to show me, and he pointed to my finger and said "mommy's owie" (that I didn't know I had)! So the prayer was actually for mommy to feel better and for my imagined owie! He's certainly persistent!

No comments: