Monday, November 05, 2007

The things they say...

Although Jacob has been battling the flu for two days, he was pretty perky before bed last night. Mark was supervising their toy pick-up process, and Jacob was actually cooperating more than usual. He was about finished when he just stopped and said, "I don't have to pick up...I'm sick!"

For background on this next one, our friend Ben just retired. Rosella and I tried to explain it by saying that Papa didn't have to go to his job anymore, he just got to stay home and work around the house.

Well today I was trying to get Andrew to finish his math workbook page, and he was ready to be done. He finally just put his pencil down and said, "Mommy, I can't finish this because I'm retired now, just like Papa...so I'm just going to work around the house. I'm really retired."

2 comments:

T said...

These are the things that make you go "HHMMMMM".

Anonymous said...

More chuckles. Kids are so great! This evening, Ria came down ready to climb up to her seat at the table with nothing on her lower half. We told her she had to put her pull ups on first. Meanwhile, Eden was making the unnoticiable side comment, "my pants are my pullups". Later as we were playing a game I held Eden and thought her bottom was a little warmer and squishier than usual. Come to find out what her earlier comment really meant: she had no pull up on, just her pants. :-) Glad she didn't pee during the game on my lap! Oh, how I hope for the day I have adequate time and the girls are consistent enough to fully potty train them! Hopefully before they're 16. They sure are funny, though!