Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

We had a blast with our pumpkin unit last Friday!

We did a lot with science and math...measuring the circumference of the pumpkins, predicting if they would sink or float and then testing our predictions, estimating how many seeds were inside and then counting them by tens (452, for those of you wondering), and comparing the life cycle of pumpkins to that of apples...and then creating a fun book to illustrate it.

Stay tuned for this week's lesson on Thanskgiving!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chip and Karen said...

Again, I studied every picture! Anna is as cute/beautiful as you told me!

Miss you all,
Karen

T said...

You are the awesomest teacher-EVER!

Karen said...

You are a super mom and a great home-schooler! I'm so proud of you and I'm not even your mom!

Mark and Wendy said...

Thanks for the encouragement on my teaching...I'll have your comments to look back on when we're having a bad day! :)