Last week, the boys were asking to have a slumber party in their pop-up playhouse. We told them they could do it Friday night, since they wouldn't be getting up for school in the morning. They were looking forward to it soooooooooo much all week! Friday night was exciting for them. Jacob had date night with Daddy, while Andrew, Anna and I watched a movie together and then got the playhouse ready!
The ironic thing was that they settled down better (with threats of being moved to their bed if they didn't), and slept better and longer in the morning than they usually do-should have let them try it on a school night!
The novelty wore off by the second night...we let them sleep in their house again, and it didn't take too long for Jacob to be moved to his bed (amidst bitter tears).
On the note of sleeping, please pray for us with Jacob's sleeping (or lack thereof) lately. It's like he has an automatic alarm that goes off between 4 and 5 a.m. every single blessed morning. He comes up to our room, tries to climb into bed with us-which works if we're too tired to resist-and then "needs" to be put back to bed. Last night we warned him at bedtime that we would not put him back in bed, he would have to get his covers on by himself if he got out of bed. Well, the crying fit that ensued when that same message was delivered at 4 a.m. this morning was enough to keep the whole house (Anna being the exception) awake till 5 a.m. Needless to say, night after night of this has us just plain tired!

2 comments:
I guess if I want to have brothers (or siblings) that have fun times like this I'll have to have another baby! Looks like so much fun.
Very true, Karen! I remember feeling pangs of guilt when we were pregnant with Jacob, fearing that it wasn't fair to Andrew to provide a sibling that would infringe on his carefree existence! I've talked with other moms who experienced the same thing...but now I know that a sibling is the greatest gift we can give our kids! They do have so much fun, not to mention learning how to get along with others! So...keep us posted on your progress! lol :)
Post a Comment