Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Summer Playdoh

The kids love playing with playdoh. I hate cleaning up the floor after playdoh. No matter how neat they keep their playtime, you KNOW you're going to have playdoh crumbs on the floor and ground into their socks.





















So I felt like a genius when they asked, on one of our beautiful, hot days, if they could play with playdoh...and I said of course they could, outside on the deck! Talk about mom brownie points!





















They had a great time, and ironically Anna stayed with it longer than the boys did. I guess one of their "forts" was calling to them. But before they ran off to play, Andrew showed me his creation...Africa with Ethiopia marked on it! You can't see it because his roller tool he used to point it out is in the way, but it looked like a little heart right whre Ethiopia is!
(We also studied South Africa in geography this year, so he cut that out, too).
















I'm not sure which by which I was more impressed...Andrew's map, or the fact that all I had to do to clean up was sweep the playdoh crumbs onto the deck and down through the cracks
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

CALAMITY JANE said...

ok that's actually a really good idea to do playdoh outside :)
and i love the map of africa! how sweet.