Those boys started counting down the number of days till camp about a month out!
They both wanted to go to Wagon Train camp...instead of cabins, they're in covered wagons circled around a fire pit, and they got to work with the horses each day. The fun thing for them and Jacob and Anna, too, is that they deliver the campers to their campsite via horse-drawn carriage.
He did give his brother and sister a sweet hug good-bye (well, me too, I guess), and then was off into his cabin with scarcely a look back! It gave my heart some reassurance after I met his counselor...who is a sophomore at Messiah College! It was quite strange, thinking that 14 years ago, that was Mark and I...heading to a Bible Camp up north from our respective Christian colleges for the summer!
Andrew had a fabul
One of these days, we'll get some of his pictures scanned (he took a disposable camera with him) and he'll write a blog post about camp. The funniest thing to me was this statement he made after I asked him if he stayed warm enough in his PJ's and sleeping bag each night.
"I didn't wear my pajamas. I just slept in my clothes. Actually, I stayed in my clothes you dropped me off in on Wednesday until they made us change this morning."
He was one dirty boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment