Monday, December 07, 2009

Progress, Progress

Okay...I will post "after" pics of the basement eventually! I decided to first wait for Mark's construction mess downstairs to be cleaned up, to give you the full effect!

Can I just say that Mark is one exceptionally gifted, hard-working, TIRED guy? Two solid weekends of work, and our staircase project is nearing completion!

The new staircase is now in the entryway, shelves for shoes, boots, and baskets of winter gear are hung. Washer and dryer are both moved to their new location (just a few feet down) and are now hooked up for use (man, have we been in a laundry whirlwind the past two days!), AND the spiral staircase has been removed from the living room, new beams put in where the spiral stairs were, and there's a new section of floor where my piano now sits!!!

I could post pics of the livingroom in it's new look, but blogging supports my perfectionist tendencies-I don't have to show you the results until I've re-hung all the pictures where I want them! (Right now there's a bear rug hanging on the wall behind my piano. Somehow, my nice picture frames and candle-holders that belong on the piano just look sorta out of place in front of a. bear). So, little bits to do here and there...and then on to decorating for Christmas! A bit later than I like to get decorated, but having this project done is worth it!

1 comment:

CALAMITY JANE said...

alright!! mark IS supremely talented, for sure. can't wait for pix :)