To finish off April's trip up here in grand style, my wonderful husband rearranged his schedule on Saturday so that we could have a "girls only" day. We headed to Girdwood to visit April's cousin and ride the tram up to the top of the mountain. It was a gorgeous day, and we were thrilled to be headed off on an adventure together!

After the easy part (riding the cable car up), we decided to hike up even further...and had a fantastic snowball fight in July!

When we got to "almost the top," there was a climbing rope teasing us to clamber up just a little further. I, being in my sandals, didn't intend to give in and climb up the rocky slope. But April's description of the view was just a little too tantalizing, so I ventured forth, sandal-footed and all. Somehow April ended up with most of the good pictures!

The climb down was a little more nerve-wracking than the climb up. But it was a thrill, and worth it by far! To give you just a glimpse of perspective, see the colored spot in the picture below on the right? That's a ski lift building. And in the picture in the bottom left? That's the same building, from above it. So yes, we hiked. I wish I knew how many feet up we were when up above the ski lift. But perhaps if I knew, it wouldn't seem nearly as impressive... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment