Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Anna's Arm Appointment

We had a very full day going to town today for Anna's orthopaedist appointment.
But Anna did wonderfully!

Here, she's enjoying a few minutes with a bare arm right before going in for more x-rays. I was surprised to see a bit of yellow-green bruise still on her elbow. I can only imagine what it must have looked like a week ago.





















The bad news is that it is definitely fractured. The Dr. was great with both Anna and the boys, whom Rebecca brought back to the room to see how a cast is put on. He kindly obliged me and showed the x-rays to the boys, who were duly fascinated.




















Anna was a trooper for the whole appointment. She cried when we first got back to the room, as they needed to lay her down to measure her height. But the nurse was wonderful, and Anna warmed up to her right away and calmed down. She was really cooperative for x-rays. When we had to lay her arm out palm up, she cried out in pain, so I knew without the x-rays that it was indeed still fractured! But she sat really still for getting the cast put on...we were all impressed with how well she did-thanks for the prayers!
(Is she not the cutest thing?!)






















Here, we're just waiting for the cast to dry before heading out. When they asked her what her favorite color was, she pointed to her pink shirt, so pink she got! The dr. was questioning what I wanted to do for her cast...that we could do another splint/soft cast to take off for bathing if we wanted to, depending on how active she is. I just shook my head and started to say "She has two older brothers..." I didn't even need to finish my sentence and he was nodding my agreement with a hard cast! The good news is that the cast only has to be on for three weeks, not the six we were expecting. Thank you, Lord! Three weeks is much more manageable!


















After having lunch with Rebecca (thank you so much for coming to wait with the boys!), we ran errands...some of which were stopping at 2nd-hand stores to get some shirts and a coat from which to chop off the right sleeve. I think we're set. One broken bone down, hopefully none to go!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad it's only 3 weeks! That is indeed wonderful news. And yes, she is the cutest thing! :-) Absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

I just love the little pink cast! Zekari broke his arm when he was 4. He wanted a pink cast but we talked him into red.