Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sledding!


Rather than traipse out skiing or snowshoeing last night after dinner, we decided just to head to the backyard! Our hill is the result of driveway plowing...last time we got dumped on, we paid to have a loader come and clear it back further (so that we can more easily get into the shed and the storage room/soon-to-be entryway). So, we have a decent hill!

I just love these sets of before/after "take-off." I'll be back later to add a series of Jacob's hilarity after the last picture was taken!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Busy1 said...

I'm not familiar with the seasons in Alaska. Are you coming out of winter (slowly) or just going into winter there? Do you like snow? :-)

Mark and Wendy said...

I won't give you the old tired line about the seasons being almost winter, winter, almost done with winter, and road construction...though it's more true here than any of the other places that try to cleverly adopt it!
We're on the "same" seasonal course as the rest of the U.S. ("outside" as we call it), though our spring, summer, and fall are quite compacted! The snow won't be completely melted off some places till mid-May. We're told in our neighborhood that the snow was gone by June 1. Snow starts flying again sometimes by late Sept.
Whether it's out of necessity or by nature, we do like snow! I did actually say once this "spring" that I had finally had enough, but we love the outdoor snow sports. (It's the shoveling and plowing we're not so fond of....)