The cookies were relatively successful...
The boys were very excited to "unseal" the oven to see what happened to their cookies (excitement to do something is a good thing when trying to drag them out of bed 2 hours early for the Sunrise Service).
Some of them were more hollow than others, most had at least hollow sections. A couple of things I would change:
The boys were very excited to "unseal" the oven to see what happened to their cookies (excitement to do something is a good thing when trying to drag them out of bed 2 hours early for the Sunrise Service).
Some of them were more hollow than others, most had at least hollow sections. A couple of things I would change:
- Really beat the pecans to a good fine mess...smaller pieces would have made the batter lighter.
- Bake for maybe 5-10 minutes before shutting off the oven. Directions say to turn it off as soon as you put the cookies in, but I think they would have been drier (and therefore more hollow) if they had baked a bit more.
- A single batch is plenty! We doubled it to share at Sunday School and with family, and remarkable, the boys and I were the only ones who liked them!
Warning: They are very messy to eat...crumble all over!
All in all, they worked well, and I think we'll try them again next year! (Far more significant than Jell-O eggs, if I'm going to put my effort anywhere...)

No comments:
Post a Comment