The funnies with Jacob are just never-ending.
Tonight he was yelling to me from his bed to come get something he dropped behind his bed. While I was in there, we had this conversation. (Background note: We always have a lullaby CD playing in there room at bedtime. Bad habit, but long story for which I really don't even know the beginning).
Jacob: He's a bad man.
Me: Who's a bad man?
J: The man singing.
M: Why is he bad?
J: He's singing bad things.
M: Like what?
J: Peas (ed. note: or pees? I'm not sure....)
M: Peas?
J: Yeah
M: (Listening to the song playing in background..."The Lord bless you and keep you, and give you peace, and give you peace, and give you peace forever.") Oh, you mean "Peace."
J: What's peace?
M: Remember, it's like not being afraid, when you can "lie down and sleep in peace, for You, O Lord, are with me" (ed note: a verse that was learned and repeated nightly during his fearful phase that lasted for months).
J: Oh.
End of conversation! :)
Now, more background info for this next anecdote, which came just 10 min. after the first!
If the boys want to leave the dinner table for any reason, they are to ask "May I be excused from the table to ______?" (For Jacob, it's usually to go the bathroom)!
Also, he has a little stuffed Elmo that he's pretty attached to, and unless he's thrown into Anna's crib in a fit of generosity and love to share it with her, he sleeps with it everynight.
So, not long after our conversation about the bad man singing about peas/pees, he comes to the door of his room.
"May I be excused from my bed to get my Elmo?"
Cracks me up! At least he has good manners!
No comments:
Post a Comment