Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Jacob lately...

Jacob has been a stitch lately. He's just changing so much, and is becoming more and more his own little man.

Every morning, the boys do their chores before breakfast (getting dressed, making beds, Andrew alternates days on vacuuming and collecting the trash, and Jacob feeds the dog).
Jacob is generally very cheerful about doing his chores and gets right to them (hunger will do that to a body, I guess).
One morning I was asking him what he still had to do, and he said "I need to make the dog and feed my bed." Oh, how he giggled when he realized what he had said!

One of his new games is to replicate a scene from a book about a ball game...he puts on his hat, gets his bat and ball, instructs me to say the line about the grandfathers cheering from the stands, and then acts out the ballgame. Sometimes he invites others to play in the ballgame to. But he has one prerequisite to anyone else playing along, which Andrew discovered when he asked if he could play. "Yeah-go get a hat!"

Now to set the stage for this antecdote, you must know that Andrew's reading curriculum is titled "The Scaredy Cat Reading System." (If anyone really wants the title explained, just email me)! It includes a few audio lessons on cd to which Andrew listens, generally Jacob is done with school and is playing quietly with toys by that point.
Today, Andrew had the word "bit" in his spelling list. Not long after that, I saw Jacob pretend to bite Anna on the arm (it really was pretend). I asked him why he was pretending to bite Anna, and he said,
"Remember, mom? It's from Andrew's Scaredy Cat Reading System." Ha!

And the final note on Jacob...
Below is a picture of what he was doing at dinner last night. When we understood what he was calling this little trick, Mark and I busted up laughing. Be the first to post a comment with your guess as to what Jacob actually called this, and you'll be the winner! Check back tomorrow night for the answer!
UPDATE: Yes, Tom, he had been eating with both his fork and spoon...fork for the salad, spoon for the applesauce. I'll post all the comments when I post the answer tonight!

FINAL ANSWER: It is indeed a "forklift!" The grand prize was an all-expenses paid trip to Alaska...regrettably for all the other contestants, my sister Tricia was the first to post the correct answer, and she already lives here...thus she forfeits all rights to any prize claim, and will instead be treated this weekend to a big hug from Jacob himself! Thanks for playing!



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

T said...

"fork"lifting a spoon?

Karen said...

It's a fork-lift?

Does the winner get an all expense paid trip to Alaska to visit dear friends?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Was he eating with both his fork and spoon?

CALAMITY JANE said...

did he call it 'sporking'? :)

T said...

It's 10:30p on a work nite. can't wait for the answer anymore tonite. i was dying to know the game name. i'll check again tomorrow.

Karen said...

Aw, no way! I was sooooo close to winning that one! Better luck next time 'ey?

T said...

yaaaay! sorry Karen-but really- a hug from jacob IS THE better prize.
can't wait to collect!!