Friday, November 13, 2009

Miracle #2

Well, it's actually two amazing things, but they didn't actually happen on Tuesday like Miracle #1 and #3 (forthcoming), I just found out about them on Tuesday. So I'm lumping them into one...hope you don't mind.

First, there's an elderly gentleman with whom we are friends. He's been estranged from his daughter for about 40 years. And he's been hospitalized recently. Someone tracked down his daughter, and she actually sent him a card, offering her forgiveness for the past. And he cried. And cried. And cried. "My little girl still loves me." She's not little anymore...she's in her mid-forties. But there's been one small step of restoration, and we're in awe.

And then there's Stellan, over at My Charming Kids, who had a risky heart procedure done this week...I think they said it was a 20% chance of the procedure being successful. But our God is 100% God, and they made it within their 20%...God answered the prayers of many!

These miracles aren't anything that has a profound effect on our family personally, but they are still reminders of God's power, and we're in desperate need of that reminder right now. So I'm writing it down so we won't forget. God is sovereign. He is the All-Sufficient One. He's the Provider. Amen.

1 comment:

MaddMedic said...

Hi Wendy
Kevin here from the noisy Rejoice! group, 2nd wave, that was there last Summer messing you basement up. Would this elderly gentleman be the one that we cut wood for one day and stacked? He was an artist I beleive?