Friday, May 08, 2009

Anna's "new" doll babies

I have saved, since I left home, a storage bin of my favorite stuffed animals and dolls from my childhood. Not a lot of them, mind you; it's not a huge bin. But about four dolls and as many stuffed animals, some of which I had already gotten out for the boys over the past few years. Well, a few weeks ago, while Anna and I were supposed to be picking up toys in her room before bed, I decided to get out the bin. And let me tell you, this girl loves her doll babies!

She was quite taken with both "Kinzi" and "Rebecca." Both dolls were having a seriously bad hair day after being in a bin for the past, um, several years. Anna didn't hold that against them, and quite enjoyed the fact that I was actually combing their hair!

Kinzi has her 'at that Anna enjoyed taking on and off her head. Rebecca has a few extra features going for her...eyes that blink and she cries when you turn her over. It's hard to believe that the little cry box in her body still works after 30+ years! The whole crying feature is important for you to remember in one of the videos below, lest you fear that we have subjected our children to being shaken and that she's just repeating what she has experienced!

As a result of the apparent temptation it is to poke baby doll eyes that blink, Rebecca did not get to stay out of the bin. She enjoyed her evening out, and has been returned to the bin till Anna's a bit older (much to Anna's consternation). But Kinzi is still out, enjoying the happy life that all toys are meant to live.













No comments: