The Alaska Volcano Observatory posted some of my sister Tricia's pics!
You can check them out here: http://www.avo.alaska.edu/volcanoes/volcact.php?volcname=Redoubt&page=images&eruptionid=610&limit=3, one of hers is the one with the little red car in it, and then the one diagonally below to left of that one. Of course she's got tons of really neat ones on her blog, too, but it's just neat that they used hers on the "official site."
The pics I took on Friday are still on my camera, and I hope to get to them sooner than later.
Andrew actually got to see Redoubt go off when he was outside playing at my parents' house on Saturday. Now that's not something many six-year-olds can say! (Not to worry, my mom made him come right in the house). Fascinating stuff, this volcano. But I must say I think I'm over it now...I'm ready to be done with checking the "ash forecast" before we do anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment