Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Christmas Preparations

I have always wished I could afford to give gifts to people that are very dear to us, like our church family, as well as to people who serve us day in and day out, like our mail lady. Since that tends to be a lot of people, our budget has never been able to handle doing as much as I wanted. This year, I just needed to add a little creativity, which I found thanks to a blogger I find funny, April.
So, with a bunch of pretzel rods, melted white and dark chocolate for dipping, a variety of sprinkles, and two little boys eager to help, we were in business!















Then there was the community potluck and visit from Santa. Unbeknownst to us, our regular Santa had already left for Hawaii, and our very own Papa was filling in! Andrew knew right off who it was, but I don't think Jacob figured it out till he heard us talking about it later. Anna was not prone to be happy with a strange-looking white-bearded man, Papa or not.















Anna's gift was a stuffed Minnie Mouse, and Jack's was a Mickey Mouse. The two kiddos were quite cute together...at first Anna wasn't sure about a kiss, but then decided it was okay and tried to give one back! Oh dear! :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

When are you planning on posting pics from the Iditarod? If you've got any with me in them, I'd like to copy them please! :)