Here's our 5 mos. old "puppy," who, when I weighed all the animals a few weeks ago, was squarely 50 lbs. (If you care, which I doubt you do but for my record, Butterscotch was also 50 lbs and Sally was 35 lbs, and I won't weigh them again myself because my back really hurt after holding them while standing on the scale)!
Sophie's really doing quite well...she's very smart, and rarely jumps up on people. She just loves people so much that she just does this funny hip wiggle against everyone's legs, which would be all well and good if she were a small thing...we're working on it!
This is how she can be found a great deal of the time...sitting up on the bench on the porch, peering in the kitchen window. And those sad St. Bernard eyes are soooo hard to resist! I remind her that she's supposed the be down guarding the goats, but it doesn't deter her. :)
It is interesting to watch her when she sees the neighbor dog in our yard. She doesn't chase or go to play, she just perks up like this (bottom pic) and if he sticks around, she just gets up and paces back and forth on our porch, never taking her eyes off of him. Yesterday some guys from church came over to use our sledding hill, and when one of them hiked back down, she did the same thing, and when he came really close the porch, she actually barked once (the first time I've ever heard her bark) and then circled around him. He just kept saying her name and got down on his knees to call her over to him, and then she did come over to be friendly with him, and was aptly rewarded with a belly rub. But it was fascinating to watch her react to someone she didn't know, and I'm encouraged and hopeful that she really will turn out to be a good guardian.

2 comments:
Just let Anna do the talking when Sophie's up on the bench...
"Fo-fu...ahh! Ahh! ... Guuh gerr"
Translation: "Sophie...off! Off! ... Good girl"
:)
Impressive impersonation of Anna, Rebecca!
Post a Comment