Rebecca just got here for the weekend...the project being painting the kitchen.
She has been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a hug from Jacob. Every time she asks him for one, she gets the same response..."Nope. All gone."
They just had the following conversation:
R: Jacob, can I have a big hug now?
J: Nope, all gone still.
R: Can you try to get one for me sometime today?
J: It will take a hundred of hours.
R: Well, it's a good thing I'll be here all weekend.
J: Well a hundred of hours will be to dark, and I'll have to go to bed.
R: Well can you try to give me one tomorrow?
J: You'll be here tomorrow?
R: Yeah...I'll be here all weekend.
J: Well, probly tomowah then.
Later...
R: Can I have a hug now?
J: No...I don't know what they're doing.
And even later...
All the hugs are down in the basement, and they don't know how to get upstairs. He can't go get them because they don't want to be up here.
2 comments:
Hey Wendy. Was good getting to talk to you the other night, even though you didn't hear me for the first 20 minutes of my conversation!! :-) I'm excited about you being in the prayer group and getting to know you and your family better this way!
Thanks, Angie! I'm thrilled to be part of the group, too! I didn't realize you were part of the prayer group, and when April was introducing you, I caught myself from interrupting with "Oh, Angie? I know Angie!" Guess that's a sign that you're a good blogger. :)
Post a Comment