1. An oldie-but-goodie from Jacob, which I found in cleaning out my inbox!
The boys love to watch movies. Rarely do they get to, simply b/c then they get in the habit of asking for one everyday instead of applying themselves to something more constructive.
Andrew had just gotten over a bit of a bug, and Jacob and I had the following conversation:
J: I'm sick.
Me: Well maybe we should go to bed early then.
J: No! When your're sick you get to watch movies!
2. Do you let your dog lick the dishes? We didn't used to, but I think we fell for the reasoning that "if it's good enough for us to eat it's good enough for the dog; besides, it saves money on dog food, and we just use the sanitize cycle on the dishwasher." Abby certainly appreciates it, and she does a good job. Sometimes too good of a job.
I was taking care of leftovers after dinner, and couldn't for the life of me find the lid to the container I was using. After scouring the kitchen, I finally looked through the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and lo and behold, there was the lid. For about 20 seconds I was completely baffled, trying to figure out why the lid was dirty but the container was clean in the cupboard. And then it dawned on me that the container I had put the leftovers in was in actuality the very same dish I had given to Abby to lick out just a while ago. It was so clean that one of us actually put it back in the cupboard, assuming that Anna had just been playing in that cupboard as usual and left that container on the floor. Hungry, anyone?
3. With our permission, the previous owner of this house had left tons of household stuff that they no longer wanted, and left it piled in the basement. (We regularly do rummage sales at the church for fundraisers, and we knew we could use it for that). Among stuff left were countless bottles of cleaning supplies. I use natural cleaners, so had simply been carting the cleaning supplies down to the basement pile. Andrew was the only one of the kids here on moving day, and I stressed with him that while I could trust him not to touch them, once Jacob got home, the boys were only allowed on the other side of the basement until I got all the bottles boxed up...explaining that all the cleaning supplies were like poison.
You never know how what you say is being interpreted until you hear it explained back. A while later, Andrew was giving my dad a tour of the house.
"Gramps, you don't want to go in this part of the basement, because there's thousands of diseases in there."
Dad needed an interpreter for that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment