This morning Jacob mentioned to me that on his next birthday (he's planning way ahead, apparently), Gramps and Grandma were probably going to give him a rocket ship man outfit, cuz when he's a dadult (that's how he pronounces adult), he's going to be a rocket ship flyer man.
I tried to break it to him that he might not get that, as I have never seen a rocket ship man outfit before.
"Well, you'll see it when they give it to me for my birthday."
It was both hilarious to me and sobering at the same time. Do I have that kind of faith in the actual promises of God? My parents have said nothing, I'm sure, abut a rocket ship man outfit to Jacob. Yet God has said a great deal to me, to all of us, about his care and provision for us. Am I just as convinced that God will keep His promises to me as Jacob is convinced that my parents will get him a rocket ship man outfit even though he's never seen one and they've never offered? Are you?
No comments:
Post a Comment