The many faces of Jacob during his birthday party...(see more at Tricia's blog)!We find it hard to believe that he's already three...in many ways, he's "grown-up" more than we think. He likes to help around the house...helping to set and clear the table, putting away laundry, helping Andrew feed the dog. He responds to everything, particularly obedience, with great exuberance. Either he is delighted to obey, and excited when he finishes what he's been asked ("Yay! I did it!"), or he's extremely hard-headed and belligerent about not obeying. We're working with him on his attitude, and he is making progress. We have full confidence that God will take that hard-headedness & direct it towards preserving the things of the Kingdom and opposing injustices.
One thing we appreciate about Jacob is his willingness to repent. We always have the boys pray both for forgiveness and for help in whatever area they've just needed to apologize to someone about, and Jacob initiates that process himself. Even before he has stopped crying, he's asking me if he can pray. Last week I took both boys to a free developmental screening, where their understanding of numerous concepts are checked (position words, full/empty, colors, etc). One of the questions was "what do you do when you break something that belongs to someone else?" Andrew's answer showed his understandably more developed concept...you say you're sorry and try to fix it. Jacob's answer? You pray. :) I'm not sure what the lady doing the screening thought of that!
He's doing fairly well with potty-training, going most of the time without being reminded.
He and Andrew have a very good relationship, for which we're grateful. He truly misses Andrew when he's gone, and when playing together, they have much more cooperation than they have arguing (not to say that there isn't arguing!).
He still genuinely adores Anna, wanting to hold her, and trying to help her whenever she's "wussy." (He still says /w/ for /f/). And he reminds me take care of her ("Mom, when Anna cries, you need to 'w'eed 'er milk!"
And he has a great sense of humor! He finds many things to take joy in, and his laugh is contagious..."Mom, isn't that wunny!" All in all, he's a great kid, (not that I'm biased), and I wish you all could know him the way we do!

1 comment:
Just thought I'd let you know...I'm trying this blogging thing again. Hopefully it will last longer than last time. :)
Post a Comment