Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Moose Hunting


Mark was able to take a few days off to go moose hunting (which was regrettably unsuccessful, although it did wonders for him to spend a few days out tramping in the woods instead of tramping around Ace hardware).
Since he was just scouting the woods behind the house, he decided to take Andrew with him for a few hours the first morning. Andrew, of course, was ecstatic, quickly donning his hunting shirt and hat! Jacob, though, was dismayed..."I want to go 'unting, too!"













Mark promised Jacob that he would get a turn, too, and he and Andrew headed out for several hours of scouting. Apparently Andrew did quite well, hiking along, and I think Mark actually got him to be quiet for a bit!















Jacob was anxiously awaiting their return! They headed out, and were back in about 45 minutes! It was too brushy for Jacob to walk through, and Mark couldn't carry him and the gun very well. So they just got out a little ways, sat down on a log to have their snack I packed, and came back! :)

















Throughout the day, I would see the boys just sitting on the little bench, watching where they had last seen Mark hike out. Well, at one point of watching, they actually saw him coming back! I had to call them back from going all the way out to meet him! They are their father's sons! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: