Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kindergarten will be such a disappointment...

For those of you who didn't know, we're homeschooling our kids, and Andrew started Kindergarten this year!
We started school last week...hence the continued lack of blogging, despite the fact that we're unpacked and settled in at this point. We're slowly but surely getting into a routine...

At any rate, a few days before we started school, I was asking Andrew what he wanted to learn about in kindergarten.

Andrew: Well, I want to learn about whales.


Me: Sure...we can do that for science sometime this year. (We saw beluga whales a few weeks ago on our way to the fair, so his interest has been piqued).


Andrew: And I want to learn more about Jesus, 'cuz I don't know
enough about Him yet.


Me: That's wonderful that you want to learn more about Jesus...that
will make God very happy. We'll learn more about Jesus for Bible
class. (Thanks, Lord, for that encouragement...he actually wants to grow in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus)!


Andrew: And I'm ready to learn how to drive a car.


Me: (Lord, help me!) Well, that's a good idea, but usually you wait till you're about 16 to do that. You have about 11 years to wait.


Andrew: Yeah, I guess I should wait till I'm bigger.

No comments: