Friday, September 28, 2007

Getting ready for school...

Today finishes our second week of school, but these are pics of Andrew helping get ready by putting together a new bookshelf for our school room.

Then, he felt he needed to have every pencil he owned sharpened before school started. :) So he would sit in the school room among all the boxes I had yet to unpack of school stuff from when I was teaching, plugging away with his little handheld sharpener (though we did eventually find the electric one). At various times during the day he would disappear and be very quiet, so I would just call out to him to see what he was up to...which we do a lot of in this house! He just kept heading back in to work on his pencils!
Our first day of school. It was one of Mark's days off for hunting, so he took this before he headed back out that morning.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are going to be a great Homeschooler! I LOVE the school-room, such a special place. So Tristan was telling me the other day that he wants to go to Alaska for his birthday, you wouldn't know anything about that would you ;) Happy Belated birthday too... I'm catching you up, mines today and Chris is on call, go figure! I'm not too good at remembering those, I need to get a book!