Friday, September 24, 2010
These are the chickens...
...that are now in my freezer. Sadly, there aren't as many of them still there as I would have hoped. Thirty-six chickens isn't going to get us far. Two Saturdays of butchering. Andrew, Mark, and I make quite a butchering team. Andrew fetches the chicken from the pen, puts it in the cone, then cuts the jugular and holds its feet while it bleeds out. After he cuts of the head with the pex pipe cutters, he gives it to me to take off the feet and skin it. Then Mark guts it. Times 36. Funny, I somehow didn't take any pictures other than this. Go figure. Thanks to my mom for watching Anna the first Saturday, and thanks to Keith for coming to help the second Saturday...and actually Jordan and Kindra got roped in for a bit all in the name of "learning how to do it for your own chickens." Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment