Friday, January 08, 2010

New Van

Yes, we have a new (to us) set of wheels. Can life please return to normal now?

Today we made our third, yes third, trip in a row to Anchorage to get our new vehicle.

Used Honda Odysseys are very hard to come by. We understand. If it hadn't been totaled out from underneath us, we certainly wouldn't have let go of our old one. Interestingly, we really thought we would like to go with a used Toyota Sienna...but in our test drives, we've come to find out we really just prefer a Honda!

But I digress.

On Monday, we were at the chiropractor (70 miles away). On Tuesday we were in Anchorage looking at several different vehicles. On Wednesday we intended to re-look at just two vehicles, and bring one home. I'll spare you the details, but we had to go up yet again today, but did bring a new van home. (For clarification for those of you not familiar with where we live, Anchorage is 100 miles one-way from home. Add in crappy winter roads, and you're looking at almost 4 hours of just coming and going, not to mention the time spent doing what you went to do. I'm not complaining. Just sayin').

Sorry to be a boring blogger, but no pictures yet. It's a 2001 (our old one was a 2000)...so with the exception of the exterior color, which is now green, it's interior is identical. Which is really nice when you've had the same vehicle for six years and loved it through it all. This also means that the huge pile of stuff that belongs in the van can now vacate it's corner in the basement. Phew.

So for those of you who I'm supposed to have called, emailed, written to, or actually accomplished something for you...I'm very sorry. We're finally mostly well, but between all our travelling have accomplished precious little. A trip back the chiropractor on Friday, company for dinner, take the (goat) kids to be disbudded on Saturday (hopefully, Crystal...does that work with you guys still?), and then *sigh of relief* to have just normal stuff at hand.

And I haven't forgotten I have fun news, too...I just want to do it justice, and a hastily-written update jotted down moments before I head to bed just doesn't seem enough. Let's just say God has provided for us in a big way!

4 comments:

CALAMITY JANE said...

disbudded! does that mean what i think it means?!
i can't believe how much you guys have to drive. we have a honda odyssey too :)

Jennifer said...

So glad you got a van you're happy with!! Now of course you left us with a cliff hanger! Can't wait to see how God provided.

And 100 miles?! Yikes! Guess I won't complain about having to go all the way to Henrietta for a Home Depot (wish Geneseo would allow "Big Box" stores!!!).

P.S. We're Honda fans too! :-)

Kevin and Michele said...

We are looking to get an odyessy also. What made you choose it over the Toyota?
The PJs we had for the kids are from Kohl's!

inadvertent farmer said...

Enjoy the 'new to you' van...mine is 18 years old with almost 275K miles on it and I love it! Kim