Tonight I finally cleared my desk in search of my lesson planning book. School around here has been, for lack of a better term, sporadic since the car accident/Christmas break/illness stretch we've been on.
So I found my lesson plan book. And looked to see where we were at, what I had last planned that we didn't get to, etc.
And suddenly I'm in tears, looking over our plans for Dec. 16th. Overcome with emotion looking at the note I had written in geography to listen to the CD's I had checked out of the library of music from France...Bizet's Carmen became the soundtrack of our accident. I had grabbed them on the way out the door to listen to on our way to town. If I hadn't remembered to grab them, we would have been at least 10 seconds ahead of ourselves, and beyond the woman who pulled out in front of us.
I'm seemingly weeping over the fact that we never made it home to read about moon phases. We were in the ER instead. But I know that's not why I'm really weeping.
I thought I would just get some lesson plans done. This isn't what I expected.
6 comments:
Oh Wendy, I know a hug won't solve anything or make the answers any more clear, but I wish I could just wrap my arms around you right now and hold you tight.
Wendy,
Ditto on the hug! Healing does take time. We got the note and you are most welcome and the blessing is ours
Serving a great God!! The Snyders
Recieve another big hug from us. Know that these reactions are normal after trauma - and you have had more than your share of that. Just wish we were closer.
We love you and trust God to help you feel His hugs. (He has big shoulders to cry into!)
love,
Mom M
My dear Wendy, I believe there are many MORE times that our Lord saves us from seeming disaster than He allows things like this to happen. Sometimes we are aware of the missed "disasters" sometimes not.
Last Thursday when I left work was a time I was aware of being spared a disaster. I buckled in the Jeep expecting to turn on the wipers to blow off the light snow from the windshield. No, I had to undo, get out, use the ice scraper. UGH, I was perturbed as I had a haircut appointment. Not a quarter mile down the road a pickup truck had crossed my lane coming from the opposite way (I could see the marks in the road) and he was just climbing UP out of his vehicle which was on its side in the ditch. I'm thankful he was ok, and I was very aware that I would have been in his path had I left work in my own time plan.
Regarding your incident, you would have been spared SO much heartache not being in your accident, but God allowed it for WHATever reason(s) He will use it for good (ALL OF IT because He's God) and I'm thankful your lives were spared. I love you.
and a hug from me, too!! although it would be a really wet one because if i saw you crying i would also be bawling my head off :)
mom m is right - it's a normal reaction, and one that will probably linger for awhile. i am a 'what if' thinker, too, and i have to make myself remember there could have been much worse 'what ifs'.
and school smool, those kids are learning so many life lessons they are going to be years ahead of the game!! :)
hello seester! you get hugs and ears from me too. t-boning accidents linger in memory for awhile. remember mine in buffalo in 2000? i can finally watch car crashes on tv or movies without flinching and looking away.i understand the breakdown weeping and the thoughts of what ifs. been there. call me anytime to talk. i love you!
Post a Comment