Thursday, June 04, 2009

More theology...

Lately, Jacob has been trying to get his mind around the reality of God and the concept of the Trinity. In various forms, he'll ask us every few days how we know God is real, and if Jesus and God are the same. We have really good discussions, and I encourage them to ask questions and I try to give the explanations a little differently each time to help round out his understanding.

We also studies the 10 Commandments a few months ago, and Andrew knows them extremely well. So I was quite impressed when, after telling Jacob the names of each part of the Trinity, Andrew piped up right away, asking "Do we worship all three of them?" I assured him that even though they have three names and three jobs, they are all one God.

(So who can be the first person to tell me which commandment we would be breaking if we did worship three different gods? There might be a prize at stake...).

At any rate, Jacob wrapped up our bedtime theological discussion last night with this question:
Mom, what color is God's beard?

3 comments:

Grandma M said...

Can't believe no one's answered yet!!! Number 2, right? Is there a prize for me?

Mark and Wendy said...

Ohhh...not quite! But thanks for playing! :)
Contest is still open, folks...head to Exodus chapter 20!

Rebecca said...

It's the first one, isn't it?!