At the end of the chapter on the sun, they experimented with the heat energy of the sun. We melted chocolate chips and started a leaf on fire using the sun and a magnifying glass! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or them!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Science Experiment
The boys and I absolutely love our science curriculum. We're using Apologia's Exploring Creation with Astronomy. Their curriculum is based on an immersion educational philosophy, so the students spend one full year in one subject area to really know the topic, rather than spending two-three weeks every year in several different areas, only to forget what they've learned when they move on and don't use the information.
At the end of the chapter on the sun, they experimented with the heat energy of the sun. We melted chocolate chips and started a leaf on fire using the sun and a magnifying glass! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or them!
At the end of the chapter on the sun, they experimented with the heat energy of the sun. We melted chocolate chips and started a leaf on fire using the sun and a magnifying glass! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment