I haven't posted much this week because I've had this whole huge event to blog about, and just haven't had time! Last Saturday, we were fortunate to be able to tour the Navy Guided Missile Destroyer, USS Chafee. (This is just one example of many of the cool things our kids-and us,too!-get to experience because of where we live). The Commander of the Chafee is a PK (Pastor's Kid) who is also the "lay chaplain" when the chaplain isn't aboard. He wanted to provide a VIP tour for all of the clergy in the area! It really wasn't your run-of-the-mill tour, either. They even showed us the command center, their fuel consumption charts, and gave a demo of the main artillery gun (its maneuvering capability, not it's firing capability)! :) Did you know that these ships use approximately $1,000,000. worth of fuel in 8 days? We also spent some time with the chaplain, as he shared what his ministry is like. Wow...these are dedicated servants. We're grateful we had such a neat opportunity...enjoy the pics. I had a hard time narrowing it down, as I took over a hundred!
Call me retarded (sorry...that's not very PC, not offense meant if you took any). Call me "html challenged," but I could not/did not figure out how to make the slideshow big enough to see the pictures but small enough to read the captions. So, if you care about both of those qualities, here's what you do:
Simply scroll through the post so that that bottom of the smaller slideshow is at the top of the screen so that you can read the captions as the larger pictures play through underneath at the same time. Good luck...let me know how it goes! I've experimented enough to know that it worked for me!
1 comment:
Wow! What an amazing opportunity to see this and get a VIP tour.
Post a Comment