Easter was a wonderful celebration for us this year, about which I'll post more later. We had a very small but meaningful Good Friday service.
And Andrew took communion for the very first time.
Andrew accepted Christ as his Savior when he was four, and confirmed that decision when he was six, and able to better understand what he was deciding. When he grows up, he wants to be a missionary and tell others about Jesus. He reads his Bible more faithfully than I read mine. But most importantly, he seems to grasp the significance of what Jesus did on the cross for him...and embraces it in faith. He was pleased to finally be able to take communion, and I think he was pleased for the right reasons. I cried. It is was truly a precious moment in his journey of faith...Good Friday, indeed.
(His brother and sister were not so pleased about this development, for all the wrong reasons...)
No comments:
Post a Comment