For our morning routine around here, I copied Eric and April's checklist system for getting the kids through their morning responsibilities. It works pretty well-I don't have to keep on top of each little thing they're supposed to be doing...it's all there on the fridge for them.
One of the few wrinkles in the system is the Bible reading/prayer time to do and check off. Not that it's a wrinkle for everyone...just Jacob, or for me, actually. See, the point of the checklist is to move them through the morning efficiently and in a timely manner. But with Jacob, I simply cannot bring myself to say to him, "Stop reading your Bible and go do the rest of your checklist!" So his takes a bit longer than the other kids. It's a good problem to have. :)
Anna is a bit of wrinkle herself...she wants to do her checklist when she wants to do it, not when I want her to do it. Go figure. So this morning, I reiterated with her that EVERYONE has their checklist to do in the morning, that even mommy has a checklist.
"You don't have a checklist, mommy."
"Yes I do...I have to milk the goat, exercise, make breakfast, take a shower, and do my devotions."
"Where's your checklist?"
"In my head."
"You don't have a checklist on your head!"
We all laughed pretty hard!
1 comment:
Too cute! Out of the mouths of babes.
So does this mean your checklist is going on the fridge too? ;-)
Post a Comment