Friday, September 11, 2009

April's Visit!

The month of July brought with it April to our house! We had so much fun answering people's questions as to how we're connected. Most people she was introduced to assumed that we were friends from college or something.

"Well, no, actually. See, our husbands grew up as best friends together in the same small town, and we spent time as couples together just handful of times over the past decade or so, but you know, we're really just kindred spirits and now our husbands keep in touch pretty much through us." True story!

April and I have always just had the kind of connection that you can talk every day or only talk every few months and still pick up right where we left off. We have encouraging (at least for me) discussions on raising our kids, homeschooling, and living out our faith. Our prayer times together are sweet, and the time always too short. *sigh*
But I would much rather have a friend such as April that lives thousands of miles away than to not have a friend like her at all...she's a gem, and I'm so grateful for the time we had this visit.




















This was a combo visit Wendy/see more of Alaska/have downtime/pray over school plans for the upcoming year/rest trip for April.

I would like to just say right now that someone can be completely refreshed without actually being physically rested, and that just because one's wife stays up talking too many nights instead of getting actual sleep doesn't mean that one's wife shouldn't be sent off to Alaska for two weeks every summer. Just a random thought thrown out there to no one in particular.




















My kids enjoyed having April visit as much as I did! One afternoon she took Jacob and Anna to the park/beach (Andrew was at Space Camp that day), and watched the kids into the evening so that Mark and I could actually have a date. Much appreciated!
























These pics just cracked me up! I think April must have had the multi-shot setting with the timer on it for these...I just wish I knew how to put them together in a toggled action frame set!




















We had lots of time to visit family, hang out, and she spent a lot of time reading to and playing with the kids. Regrettably, I forgot my camera on our wildlife cruise in the bay, which was memorable all on its own. It was just a wonderful visit all the way around, and definitely one that needs to be repeated!
I'll have to wait till tomorrow to post the adventure just April and I took...though you've seen some pics on their blog. It was truly a mountaintop experience worth blogging about!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Myopic Zeal said...

"Just a random thought thrown out there to no one in particular."

Hah! But, you are right. She came back with a real refreshed and rejuvenated spirit, even though she was tired. It took her several weeks to stop smiling and bubbling continuously about how wonderful a time she had with you all.