He and I head out to do the farm chores around 7:30 every morning, and we get everyone fed and watered in about 15 minutes. I was just filling up the girls' water (goat girls, in case you're wondering), when I heard Andrew holler to me from inside the barn, "Mom! Mom! Mom!" I went racing in there to see what was wrong, and instead was treated to his beaming face and excitement "Look! There's an egg! Our first egg!" Now how cool is that for a seven-year old? Pretty amazing, since even I was pretty excited about it!
I headed in to get the camera and Jacob and Anna so that they could see it in the nest, Anna still in her PJ's and all. The excitement for Andrew lasted quite a while, and he enjoyed calling Daddy at work and calling Grandma and Grandpa (who had been hoping for fresh eggs while they were here!) to share his news. Everyone who has stopped by the house in the past two days has seen the egg!
Actually, visitors today were treated to a view of three eggs, as there were two more out there today! Andrew was pretty amazed by that, and I don't think he'll get the big picture till all 15 of them are laying. Fresh eggs! Get yer fresh eggs here, folks!

2 comments:
Hurray! :)
i love what you've named the homefront. that's very appropo.
Post a Comment