Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mark!

I made grand plans for Mark's birthday this year...and we were able to do about half of it!

For Christmas, Rebecca had given me a certificate for a free weekend of babysitting, so I reserved her far in advance! I asked Chad, who is a deacon, to preach in place of Mark that Sunday, and had Tommy (who was a dairy farmer in his pre-Alaska days) all lined up to milk the goat while we were away! Since Rebecca would be at our house, Tricia and Jerry graciously invited us to use their house (they're on the slope working) as our B & B!

But between the third blizzard in as many days, Rebecca getting sick on Friday, and Mark having to work on Saturday to cover for one of his employees who became unexpectedly unavailable...we didn't get away Friday not. BUT, we were able to leave Saturday, and just took the kids to mom's since Rebecca still wasn't feeling great.

I love celebrating Mark on his birthday, but he is definitely opposed to a big deal being made of him! So this was the perfect weekend-away from a big party and fuss in exchange for a quiet night of pizza and a movie...and the chance to SLEEP IN!!! We had gorgeous weather on Sunday, so we went snowshoeing and had a fabulous time.


















And in lieu of a birthday cake and party, we all met at Cold Stone for ice cream before heading home!



















Even the kids thought it was a great weekend!

















And they agree with me...their dad is pretty amazing and is worth celebrating, even if he doesn't think so!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love it! Anna is so cute and getting so big!